Wednesday 16 December 2009

Mizz Worthy/Illamasqua contest entry - chance

So here is my fourth and final look for the contest.
This one is basically a straight beauty look, the colours are unusual but otherwise the idea is the important thing, not the finished look.
Basically i was thinking outside the box by not thinking about what i was going to do.
Sorry, this probably sounds really confusing, it's hard to explain.

I decided to do my makeup in a simple style i often use, but with a difference. I gathered up all of my Kryolan Aquacolours:


then i popped them in a bag:



Then i would close my eyes and pick a colour from the bag. Whatever i picked i would have to use for the next part of my makeup (i pulled the colours out and applied in the order i usually do my makeup: eyeshadow, eye highlight colour, eyeliner, eyebrows, blusher and finally lipstick). So it was basically a straight, normal beauty look, but without any thought on my part as to the colours, it was left entirely up to chance.

And this is how i ended up:


So again this makeup isn't so much about the finished look, it's about the concept and idea behind it.

Oh and by the way, kryolan aqua colours are great for face paint or eyeshadows but don't use them on your lips, it's perfectly safe but feels absolutely horrible!

6 comments:

  1. FAB! You have completely and utterly got to grips with the concepts behind this contest, and I want to say a massive thank you for all the effort you have put in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, i had so much fun making these looks so the pleasure is all mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how easily you step outside the box!
    Oh and your frog jammies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You have thought of really good ideas, all four looks are awesome :)

    I really need to get some Kryolan stuff, I've been pining after it for mooooooonths!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evil Angel:
    thank you! It's just been so fun to play around. When i was a teenager i was a strange seventies style punk and probably would have actually gone out wearing this look!
    And thank you, i love pajamas, i often wear them all day XD

    Panda:
    Thank you so much :)
    All the kryolan i've tried has been really great! hese aqua colours make particularly good eyeshadows and come in so many lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah i think im going to try this isea out one day - its like a lucky dip but with make-up
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.