Friday 12 August 2011

Funk to Funky

Last saturday was David Bowie at a club I like. Claire and I decided to go.I hadn't been out dancing in a long long time and the first time in about 6 months I'd been and not had a panic attack on the way there. Hooray! It was actually quite nice and empty with lots of room for dancing. I had lots of fun.
I decided I of course had to do Bowie makeup, originally I wanted to do that weird gold-forehead-circle thing but didn't have time to come up with a good outfit so decided to be Pierrot Bowie like at the last Bowie night. This time though I tried to actually replicate the makep from the Ashes to Ashes video as best I could.

I thought I did quite a good job but sadly my round face and squashed strawberry looking nose just can't pull it off like Bowie and his cocaine chiselled cheekbones :(


 
Here I am doing my bet Klaus Nomi face. I hope my figure looks nicer in real life!

There's a couple  more under the cut :) 

Wearing:
Face: Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in SB02, ELF Studio high definition loose powder, Illamasqua Sin powder blush, Kryolan Frambosia powder (I've had this years and have no idea if it was originally meant to be a blush or eyeshadow), Evil Shades Twizted blush, Illamasqua liquid eyeliner in Abyss
Eyes: Linneaus Cosmetics eyeshadows in twiggy and Lanky, black mascara
Lips: Mac Lip liner in Cherry, Mac lipstick in Russian Red






21 comments:

  1. YOUR LIPS, HOLY CRAP. You look amazeballs, Lillian, and your dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FANTASTIC!!!! Your outfit and your makeup is incredible - and I'm so excited that you used Twiztid. Phenomenal. Just phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penultimate photo is my favourite. Great Pierrot headdress-thingy.

    And you do have amazing lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me LOL when I read "cocaine-chiseled cheekbones"... haha, so spot on! Love this, absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love! This look is amazing, really makes me want to watch the Ashes to Ashes series again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so awesome Lilian! And I would rather have a round face than cheekbones chiseled by cocaine any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing look! You do awesome makeup! Love how perfect your lips look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! I really like this look :) I love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Russian Red Batman, I might have to pick up my first Mac product evar! Your lips are FANTASTIC!

    And you look mighty adorable and FIERCE in your outfit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome! :D I really love that dress, it's pretty amazing. I wish we had cool clubs around here I could dress up like that for. Oh the woes of small towns.. :[

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely completely love you. I mean this. Haha.

    PS. I'm 1980 David Bowie from the Ashes and Ashes video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZOfLYQvIk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your makeup and outfit are awesome. I'm so glad you had a good night out xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too fabulous Lillian! Love everything about you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally LOVE that dress! The makeup's fabulous too, you look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love you in this! The dress, the hat, the make up, simply gorgeous! I wish I lived near a club that had a Bowie night :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU ARE SO AWESOME. Fuck, this is just so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when you do these creative looks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am absolutely in love with your unique style. I love people who really do their own thing, you look fantastic! Also, David Bowie is freakin' awesome!!! Great job on this look!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.