Sunday 13 February 2011

Swatcharama - Barry M Lip Gloss swatches

 Here is the last lot of my Barry M lip swatches, today it's the lip gloss wands and glossy tubes :)

Firstly the wands. These retail at £4.49 and come in a hard plastic tube very similar to a Mac dazzleglass. The opacity changes according to the colour. I don't find these sticky at all, they're sort of silky feeling. They're not particularly long-lasting but don't disappear immediately.

No 5 - Bubblegum Pink

Slightly disappointed with this one to tell you the truth, it's a lot brighter in the tube than on the lips and not completely opaque. Still pretty though. Smells like bubblegum, but not too noticable once it's on the lips.

 More below the cut :)

 I don't know the number of this one but it was called Tropical Tango. It's not on the Barry M website anymore so may have been discontinued (not sure though. There's a new colour called 'Coral' that looks similar but can't be sure)

Love this one, it's a light, bright, opaque orange. Smells exactly like Fruit Salad Chews (an english sweety) which I love. The smell is strong in the tube but not on the lips (though it is still there).

No 9 - Cherry Glitter

This one is very sheer and looks weird on it's own. However it's beautiful over red lipstick or liner (will add a swatch of that later). It smells of cherry candy. Again it's not so noticable on the lips.

And now this is my one and only Glossy Tube. They cost £3.99 and come in a squeezy tube. This one is very very sheer  and feels more sticky, though still not crazily sticky. Quite long lasting for a gloss, but nowhere near lipstick strength :P

No 6 - Iridescent Violet Glitter
This looks like it's just a clear gloss with blue pearl but it actually is very slightly pink. This smells strongly of Bubblegum which I don't like, but it's not noticable on the lips.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing how you can wear both cool tones and warm tones with perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really REALLY want Cherry Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the tropical tango <3 it looks like such an awesome colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lovin that pout...this might sound like an odd compliment but you have great shaped lips! :)

    I was a bit disappointed with the Bubblegum Pink one as well! I had REALLY high hopes for it but it's not as bright as I hoped it would be! Ah well...it still gets a lot of use and I always use it over the MAC Viva Glam Gaga! I've always passed on the 'Cherry Glitter' but it looks freaking awesome...that's another product to go on my 'I want' list! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Iridescent Violet Glitter, it reminds me of the Illamasqua prism polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry Glitter is calling to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.