Monday 24 January 2011

Bubblegarm Sigma Competition - Teal and Cool 1

Again another entry for Bubblegarms contest. This is for the aqua blue brush set called 'Make me Cool'. Now cool has 2 meanings of course, but I didn't want to go for the one meaning 'cold' because I've already done that with the Illamasqua competition trying to look like 'Ice' and I couldn't really think of any ideas that wouldn't just be a rehash with slight differences. So I went for cool meaning trendy. Which was really difficult because I have absolutely no idea what's cool. I don't think I've ever been cool in  my entire life!
But still this is what I came up with:




So as you can see it's a smokey eye but using a bright teal colour instead of dark. I am not the best at smokey looks but i thought this turned out quite pretty :) Anyway smokey eyes seem quite cool to me, they're basically always in style and a bit punky. I smudged black pencil all over my eye then patted aqua shadow over the top. I also purposefully smudged my mascara together. The lipgloss is clear but with a slight blue sheen. Then I thought I'd add some smokey blue lips too.


Wearing:
Face: Nyx liquid makeup in LM01 Pale  mixed with Gosh Exceptional Wear in 11 Porcelain, Screen Face white loose powder, Barry M blush in 4
 Eyes: Nyx jumbo eye pencil in Cottage Cheese, Barry M jumbo black pencil, Aromaleigh Rocks shadow in Bluespark, Urban decay 24/7 pencil in Flipside, black mascara
Lips: Estee Lauder pure color gloss in 310 Clear Flash or Miss Sporty Hollywood Lip gloss in 410 Punk it Up.

8 comments:

  1. This is my favourite of all the looks so far. With the pink lips though. I think it is cool also in the sense you look a little detached, remote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like one of those runway looks... with no eyebrows, blonde, slicked back hair... hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how the eyes turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smokey blue looks great, especially with your blue eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one, too! Can't decide if I like it better with clear lipgloss or the smokey blue lips - both are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jaljen:
    Thank you! I think you're right about looking a bit detached but it could just be because of my big gormless face :P

    Charlie:
    Thank you so much :)

    Cydonian:
    I see what you mean, only my version is much more scruffy :P But thanks!

    Phyrra:
    Thank you, I like it too, I find smokey eyes pretty hard :P

    Gemx:
    Thank you so much!

    kathyeffingjacobs:
    Thank you! I think i prefer the nudeish lips a bit but I like the blue lipgloss too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this look is fabulous! I love the eye makeup :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.