Monday 17 January 2011

Bad news :(

The ban on cosmetic testing on animals that was scheduled for 2013 has been pushed back several years until 2017 (though of course it might be pushed back even further)
Then there is also the REACH initiative that, if successful, will mean ingredients previously found to be safe WITHOUT testing on animals will now have to be retested using animals.

This is really horrible new and oviously a terrible blow for anyone against animal cruelty. Honestly the whole thing gets me too depressed to talk about at length so please forgive me for only giving you the most basic details. Here are several great articles on the subject that say it all better than I ever could.

The London Beauty Review

Guardian Article

Lush article on REACH

Anyone who has any other useful links please leave me a comment and I'll add them in.

9 comments:

  1. Guardian-link does not work.

    But that's sad news, I had been sort of hoping to be able to buy make up from any brand in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, fixed it now :)
    And yeah, me too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, goodness, thats just awful. there isn't even a good reason to test make uo animals/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is disgusting and appauling! I am really saddened and angered by this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. argh that's really disappointing and all very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me so angry! I've been looking forward to 2013 for this very reason. I avoid buying from companies that test cosmetics on animals in any way. Goes to show how much influence big companies have on policy! booo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( Boooo. Why are we still doing this? It never made any sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoƫ Danger Awesome:
    I know :( I don't even agree with testing medicine on animals, but at least that could save human eyes. Testing makeup is just disgusting. So much needless cruelty.

    Naomi von Monsta\:
    Me too, I wish there was something I could do!

    Phyrra:
    I know :( So awful.

    Maya:
    I know :( I don't really understand all the legislation and stuff.

    Louise:
    Yes exactly! I was so excited that the EU was doing something so great and pretty much all makeup would be cruelty free. It's depressing just how few cruelty free companies there are, I've sometimes just assumed brands don't test and then felt so guilty when I found out they do :(


    kathyeffingjacobs:
    Me neither, just needless cruelty. I love makeup but there's just no justification for it to cause pain and suffering :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.