Saturday 22 May 2010

Mizz Worthy and Illamasqua Elementals Contest - Water

 The second element i decided to try and convey was water. I wanted to make a sort of creature-makeup and tried to look like some sort of watery spirit creature. I was attempting to look like i wasn't wearing makeup, but that i just naturally looked like this. It was a lot of fun! :)

  


Ok it looks awful with the flash, but i wanted to show the shimmery skin properly :P




The first thing i did was block out my eyebrows with a glue stick and powder and then applied foundation heavilly to properly cover them up. Then i started covering my face with shimmering blue eyeshadows and various other bits and pieces. I contoured a little with a green shadow and then used the Illamasqua liquid metals and lipgloss to make little 'scales' by making little fingertip marks under my cheekbones, down my nose, on my chin and forehead and the sides of my face. I added some shimmery white shadow as a highlight on my cheekbones and forehead. Then i put glitter on my face using a round brush to make sort of circles of glitter (again trying to look like scales). My lips were covered with blue lipstick and gloss and then patted a lot of glitter on. Finally i patted some of the blue shadow onto my waterline to try and get rid of the red (i wish i could have done this to the tear duct too, but that would have been a very stupid idea :P). And then i teased my hair to try and make it look like i was underwater and pated some eyeshadow and glitter on it too.
I think it ended up looking pretty good but i worked over it a bit too much and ended up losing the look of scales i had tried to achieve. I only wish i'd bothered to continue it down to my shoulders so the photos would look better :(

I used:
gosh x-ceptional wear foundation in porcelain
dainty doll concealer in fair
Avon powder
aromaleigh forget-me-not
evil shades banshee
evil shades moonlit
evil shades silver bullet
aromaleigh greenbrier
illamasqua liquid metals in enrapture, phenomena and surge the new one
illamasqua intense lip gloss in galactic
morgana minerals serenity
evil shades lip gloss banshee
wet n wild glitter (no name)
morgana minerals twinkling teal glitter

20 comments:

  1. yeah! I love this look! I think that concealer would be a better choice for blocking out eyebrows because gluestick is very sticky and could rip out eyebrow hairs >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! this is incredible!
    i love love love your creativity, good luck for the contest xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome! You look like a water creature for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The makeup is fabulous! The hair totally makes the look too...you look like you are floating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, it makes me smile. I can imagine how much fun you must have had creating this! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. both of your ideas are amazing and very creative! I hope you'll win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love you for this! So crazy yet still fits in completely with the theme! Good luck! I'm thinking of entering but I'm so rubbish coming up with things! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this must have taken you ages...I can only imagine what a nightmare it must have been to remove as well! How cool! I really want you to win now, this shows such dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your water attempt is marvellous! I keep my fingers xed for ya that you'll win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing! I'm jealous of your malleable hair too :O

    ReplyDelete
  11. EPIC :D you remind me of a sea witch or something

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lillian, this is amazing. I don't even know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome Awesome AWESOME. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing, looks very real! I love how your eyes even look the same color (kinda). :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi girl :)
    Just discovere your blog, and love it , you are really creativ ;)

    Liloo

    http://lilooandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it :) I love the attention that you paid to detail. It's very Hans Christian Andersen mermaid. Actually, your photos remind me a lot of a set of photos Liselotte Eriksson did with Johanna Öst.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crikey me that looks bloody brilliant!!! If you dont win, I'll eat my hat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is incredible! You look almost like a mermaid statue in that first photo. If I had to pick one thing I'd say I love how you did your lips, but it's all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your air and water looks! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another AMAZING entry from you Lillian - I am so impressed with your creativity - you never fail to amaze!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.