And here's a list of pigments and the various problems with them:
Here's a list of all the crazy awful hideous stuff that this company did:
- Repackaging pigments and selling them as hand blended colours
- Selling non-vegan products while claiming to be an all vegan company
- Taking months to ship orders
- Numerous orders arriving with the wrong items/faulty items/spillages/colours being completely different from batch to batch.
- Not replying to emails, and admitting that they often just deleted them without reading
- Admitting to deleting anything not positive from the fan page
- Using money raised for charity to pay their own expenses (also saying they wouldn't be donating what they said because the girl the money was being raised for said some negative things on a private facebook page)
- Packing and handling products in unsanitary conditions (without gloves, cutting soap on a table with a kitchen knife)
- Selling items that are not safe for cosmetic use and not disclosing it.
- Refusing to allow certain people to use their giftcards
- Refusing to refund certain people
- Leaving a phone message to a customer (who voiced anger at glittersniffer) stating 'I have your motherfucking address you cunt'
- The companies paypal account has been frozen due to so many refunds being requested. Paypal have stated that Glittersniffer could still put money into the account in order to pay the refunds. Glittersniffer have said they were told nothing could be done for 180 days, so very few/no refunds are being given out.
- Glittersniffer stated that all old stock would be thrown out, instead it was sold.
- Glittersniffer stated that all recalled pigments sent back to them would be destroyed, instead a vast number of them were given to a friend.
- Claiming that there is no proof that eye injuries sustained after using the products are due to the products, despite admitting that some items used in the products were not safe for cosmetic use.
- Threatening to leak anonymous peoples names
- Contacting the owner of the Glittersniffer Complaints blog at her work email (which was not disclosed anywhere, so must have been searched for)
- Losing track of how much money she owed to charity.
- Sending threatening and harassing text messages
- Employing people only known through her fan page to go through emails recording addresses and other personal
- Selling items without ingredients or other FDA labelling requirements
One thing that really, really angers me is that Lela has claimed that all these horrible things she did were done because she has an anxiety disorder.
There's still a huge stigma surrounding mental illness, people often think that people with any sort of mental problem might cause them harm, and blaming all the hideous things she's done on some anxiety disorder just reinforces these ideas. I have an anxiety disorder and of course it affects me, but it doesn't turn me into someone who would knowingly cause harm, ignore peoples feelings and problems, threaten, steal or cheat people. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe mental illness is a contributing factor, but if you are so ill that you end up treating people as badly as she has then you should not be in business until you've sorted yourself out.
This is genuinely the most disgusting brand I have ever heard about. They've written the book for what NOT to do in a business. Not only is their customer service absolutely shocking (and illegal in some cases such as using charity to fund refunds and refusing to refund recalled products) but they have actually made people ill. Of course there is very little anyone can do to prove that eye injuries were caused by the products but no matter what Lela or her glittermob can say it's pretty damn obvious! If one person claimed the products caused injury you could easily dismiss it. If 2 or 3 people claimed it you could still think it was a coincidence. But so so many people are coming out saying that they've had eye problems since using the products and even more who have just said that the products burn on contact with the skin. And when that's combined with the proof that Glittersniffer packaged without gloves and the admission that they sold soap dyes that aren't even approved for cosmetic use at all as eye products surely makes the thought that people would be hurt by using the products not even plausible but probable?
The owner of the Glittersniffer Complaints blog has stated that all she wants is for Glittersniffer to learn from their mistakes, move on and treat people better but I completely disagree. To me there is no question that this company should be shut down, but in my opinion they deserve to be taken to court! They need to face the consequences for these actions. People make mistakes of course, but this is mistake after mistake after mistake which have been illegal and actually caused people harm. The company are thieves and liars and have shown absolutely no signs of changing their behaviour seeing as they continue to refuse refunds, ignore emails, go back on their word, threaten and harass people etc etc
I have never ever said this about any makeup company before but please, please do not buy from this company. Even if you don't care that your money would be supporting them, even if you don't care about what they've done in the past just think about your eyesight. If I knew there was even the tiniest iota of a chance that it could remotely harm my eyes I wouldn't trust it and with this company there is a HUGE chance of it happening. If you have old Glittersniffer cosmetics and are unhappy to use them anymore (which is very sensible) there is someone on the Glittersniffer Complaints facebook page who will take them off your hands to use as art supplies.
Stay tuned for a similar post about Orglamix. Ohh the misery.