Friday 23 December 2011

Have a very Glam Christmas!

My friend Mikey was playing a glam themed gig on tuesday, so I dressed up all Christmassy. Also a you can see I've dyed my hair. On the packet it was bright bright red but it's come out sort of Burgundy. I still think it's quite pretty but it's almost the same colour as my Mum's hair which makes me feel a bit weird :P

Here's mah face:






Wearing:
Face: Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 02, ELF Studio HD powder, Sleek blush in Salacious
Eyebrows: Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Love +
Eyes: Darling Girl Blitzen Eyeshadow, Darling Girl Honeypot eyeshadow, black mascara, the liner is just some loose glitter mixed with ELF Studio Makeup Lock and Seal.
Lips: Red lip pencil (offbrand :P), Darling Girl Jolly Holly Hologloss 

Here's my outfit. I know I probably 'shouldn't' wear something like my plausuit, it's too high cut and not particularly flattering on my little round body, but I like it so who cares?



 Wearing:
Polka dot Jacket and diamante tights -  Topshop
Sequin playsuit - Asos
Hair bow - Dolly Dagger
Badge and necklace - Callooh and Callay
Shoes - Office (I would have worn more interesting ones but I cut my foot on a bit of smashed bauble :( )


For some reason here in the UK a disproportionate percentage of our Christmas songs are from the Glam Rock genre of music.  Wizzard, Mud, Slade, Bowie (with Bing Crosby who is, of course, totally glam) and of course this which you never here anymore. I wonder why... 

18 comments:

  1. Love your make up, really want to start colouring my eyebrows in crazy colours for daily make up! Also you're right about outfit choice, if you like it and it makes you happy who gives a crap if it's not meant to be flattering for your body type xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look completely adorable- makeup and outfit go perfectly together. Generally, most clothing seems to be fashioned around the bodies of ten year old boys, so I don't think you should worry about what you're "supposed" to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you look lovely, sweetie. and glittery, which is the best combination. And I love the playsuit, frakk flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so darn cute! And I love your new hair colour :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is perfectly flattering; you look darling!

    I've been meaning to comment on your blog since forever, instead of being a lurky-lurk. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so wish I could pull off colored brows the way you manage to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That playsuit is coooool, and so is your face! I think I'm going to wear my sparkly jumper today and wear green glitter on my eyelids. CHRISTMAS SPARKLES :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahaha, I totally understand what you mean about feeling weird when your hair color is the same as your Mom's! My freshman year of HS, I dyed my hair burgundy (later moving on to bleaching and dyeing every color of the rainbow) and got huge compliments on the color. Years later, I thought about dyeing my hair burgundy again, but when I went to visit my parents; I found that my Mom had started dyeing her hair burgundy, even using the same Chocolate Cherry Feria I used to use! She even got a similar cut to what I had at 14! My inner 14 year old squealed in horror. But I quietly opted for black that day.

    Burgundy looks really good on you, though! It makes your skin look really creamy. Your Mum probably has a different hairstyle, so it's not too weird :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Christmas Rock and roooooooll!

    You look gorgeous. Love the eyebrows :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking gorgeous, you make me miss my red hair!
    Merry Christmas!

    Olivia :) x
    Wait Until The Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Xmas gurl! I love the color of your lips. The hair is also a nice change too. I am amazed at how you are rocking that bodysuit! I wouldn't have the courage, lol. I love your polka dot jacket too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style! And there is a 1940s/50s glamour look to your face. :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is one of my favorite looks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute eye makeup, cute lip colour, cute outfit, AND WHY DO YOU SUIT EVERY HAIR COLOUR >:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new hair colour! GREAT OUTFIT!! I personally quite enjoy the playsuit on you, and screw wearing what you're "supposed" to wear. The makeup looks very nice, I like the pops of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THAT PLAYSUIT! Need to get that on asos <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.