Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!
At the moment I'm feeling ill so it seems like my New Years Eve will be spent watching Batman The Brave and the Bold...Not that that's a bad thing!

Anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful 2013. I generally don't make resolutions but this year I have a few.
1. Be a better blogger.
Seriously I am aware I have been pathetic this year. I'm not going to go into the reasons why because, while I think most of my excuses are pretty valid, they are still excuses and I'm not happy with how I've been doing. I've started already by re-starting my hosiery blog Funny Face Lovely Legs so if you like tights and things please check it out :)

2. Learn more about making makeup! This one is gonna be fun! While I've got some things pretty much nailed down (eyeshadows, lip balms, lipsticks and other easy-ish things) there's lots more to learn! When I can afford the ingredients I'm going to start making things like gel and liquid eyeliners, mascaras, cream eyeshadows and so on. I've also booked myself into some courses next month to learn about making soap and body products and finally about the legistration and selling of cosmetics in the UK.

3.  Try to stop worrying so much. This one is much easier said than done as I have severe problems with anxiety that I can't just get rid of instantly but I'm going to at least try and be easier on myself about things. For instance tonight I was meant to be going to a friends house to celebrate New Years but I'm feeling too sick. I feel really guilty about letting people down but it's something that can't be helped so I'm trying my best to just relax and not beat myself up.

I also want to lose weight but that's not a resolution as it's not something I think is important, I just want to fit into my lovely clothes again.

Anyway eat, drink and be merry tonight! Tell me what resolutions you're making, if any.


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm excited to see what you make from your cosmetics classes, sounds very interesting. Hope you feel better soon and have a fantastic 2013. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...makeup! I look forward to your future entrepreneurial adventures!
    Don't beat yourself up over your anxiety. It takes time to make changes concerning your mind and emotions and it's definitely easier said than done. :)
    I need to start reworking on the weight too because I miss my pretty dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lillian,
    I've not commented before but I'm a massive fan of your blog, and I just wanted to thank you for how inspiring you've been to me. I've anxiety issues as well, and it's brilliant to have someone like you who is open and honest about their struggles, and yet still manages to be completely fabulous and maintain a blog atop all that!
    Best of luck with all your resolutions. I look forward to reading your posts in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.