Sunday 29 July 2012

Darling Girl Cosmetics Overview

I'm going to make several posts to review the different products I own from Darling Girl as I have lots of swatches to share!
But first up here's a quick overview.

These posts are a long, long time coming! Last Halloween I made my first Darling Girl order, which included a blogger review pack. Yeah I know, I suck. Sorry! D: Since then I've made several more orders and they have quickly become my favourite indie company.

Darling Girl sell tonnes of different products, from your basic loose eyeshadows and blushes, lip balms and glitters to primers, lip stains, cream blushes and solid skin balms. There isn't really a 'theme' to the company, other than just being girly and pretty (though some collections are, like the rock themed 'Darling Grrl' shadow line) which suits me just fine. The website is brilliant an very professional looking. The design is clean and simple and very easy to navigate and the photos are really clear and bright with true to life colours. One suggestion I would make though would be to provide some photos of the products in use so you could see what a colour looks like on the lips/eyes etc. But the swatches look great anyway so it's only a tiny niggle. All the products have clear ingredients listings.

Check out is really easy and I immediately got a confirmation email about my order. The price for shipping varies depending on how big your order is (at least it does internationally) the most I ever paid was $10 for a large order, so I was very pleased with that. My orders have generally gone out within a week though one took just over 2, that was at Christmas though, an I recieved an email to tell me it had been shipped. Then it takes about 1-2 weeks to get to me, which is average for a parcel coming from the US to the UK. The packaging of the products is simple and attractive and orders always come beautifully wrapped, for instance here is an order from around Valentines Day:


 There is heart and lip shaped confetti in the valentines bags and the zebra packet contains my freebies! My orders always contain a business card and a couple of eyeshadow samples. Plus if you spend $10 or more you get a free Gift With Purchase eyeshadow shade. This is a large sample (a full 3ml volume jar) and is often a shade unavailable elewhere.

Anyway there's a little overview to what Darling Girl Cosmetics has to offer. Reviews of individual products and swatches will be coming up soon!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've always wanted to try them but never did. I'll have to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretties!!!! Love the big sparkly heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. olgiepolgie:
    You really must, they're fantastic! They have discounts quite often too :)

    kathyeffingjacobs:
    So pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.