Saturday 26 January 2013

Very Imperfect


On Thursday it was the Illamasqua blogger event for their S/S13 collection 'I'm Perfection' and I was invited. After a lot of stress and fear I managed to get over my nerves (with the help of a cheeky drink) and set off to it feeling very excited and proud of myself.
Unfortunately I am an idiot and trusted technology.

You see the venue for the event was at a gallery that I've never been to but instead of printing myself out a nice map I figured that I would just use the maps feature on my phone to guide me there. Then, while I was on the tube, my phone just stopped working. I don't know what the hell was wrong with it but it just would not turn on. It had a full battery when I left the house so it hadn't just run out of juice.  It's working again now.

Anyway I had no way to navigate my way to the venue so I had to just turn around and go home again .
To add insult to injury I was so flustered and upset by it I forgot I had to leave a station to touch out my oyster card, so when I got home TFL charged me about £15 for my failed journey :(

The new collection looks amazing and I am so so upset I didn't make it to the event.

Here's a few posts I've found that show off the collection beautifully so you can have a look if you haven't seen yet yourself. I am drooling over the Cadburys Mini Egg style nail polishes, that bright pink lipstick and the leaf green gloss! And once again the collection images are stunningly beautiful and the message behind the campaign is moving.

Stupid Lillian!

Anyway here I am in my gladrags before I left for the event. I looked awesome as well! Grumble grumble.







Wearing:
Face: Illamasqua Skin Base in 02, Avon powder, Sleek blush by 3 Lace in Chantilly , Illamasqua Gleam Cream in Aurora
Eyes: Illamasqua eyeshadow in , Sugarpill eyeshadows in Mochi and @#$%!, a colour from the MUA Heaven and Earth palette.
Lips: Illamasqua medium pencil in Debonair, a Conjurers Cosmetics lip gloss

 





I get bored when taking photos and end up posing and making stupid faces. Every time.

My outfit.
Hat: Asos
Necklace: Callooh and Callay
Top: Miss Selfridge
Skirt: Asos
Tights: Topshop
Garters: Present. Made by Claire
Shoes: Clarks. 

My amazing garters were a birthday present from Claire. They say 'Stop, you can go no further' in french and are awesome. 

14 comments:

  1. your lips are so amazing! it's a shame you didn't get there maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I get invited again and there weren't put off by my rubbishness! D:

      Delete
  2. You look super de duper cute! :D Sorry your phone failed you. My phone has done that before too (on a full battery also), and I absolutely hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those garters are GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just? I need to wear them all the time!

      Delete
  4. Lillian you look amazing, and YES, those garters are genius! As is the hat! And the whole darn thing really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fearless and I love it! Amazing look!

    L.
    Good Morning Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Though I am very fearful actually :P

      Delete
  6. Love the look! Especially that lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute garters! I love those blue lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! Blue lips are da bomb :P

      Delete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.