Monday 4 June 2012

Happy Jubilee!

Hullo, hope everyone's having a nice jubilee day (if you're in the Commonwealth and care about it anyway). I ain't no royalist and have spent the majority if the day doing this:



In other news I have just about the worst spot ever. Possibly too much information coming up, stop reading if you are squeamish!

It's one of those evil ones that never comes to a head and feels like there's a lump under the skin. I tried squeezing it (I am a notorious spot squeezer) and it justcaused m get a huge scab. I thought that when the scab had healed the spot would be gone, or at least smaller. I was wrong! It fell off today and the evil spot is bigger than ever DX! It feels like a pea on my chin! Anyone got any idea of how to get rid of it?

This is from my phone again, this tine I'm attempting to navigate the Blogger app. Will it work? Let us see...

13 comments:

  1. Eww i hate spots! I just leave them alone and put a hot water compress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soap and Glory's Dr. Spot works well for me :) failing that, toothpaste! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. try a hot washcloth - as hot as you can stand - on the spot for immediate relief. keep it on there for as long as you can handle the heat, you should see a reduction in size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking from my own experience I'd recommend blended tea tree oil - seems to be the only thing that manages to penetrate the skin deeply enough to deal with that kind of spot. I buy mine from Superdrug, I think it's about £2 a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get spots like that all the time :( I've heard Mario Badescu drying lotion is amazing but I don't see how it helps if the spots not broken the skin? Argh. No help, but muchos sympathy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dab toothpaste on it before you go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ the pic! Do you have calamine lotion? That'd help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion! It's prone to drying out the skin around the spot though, but otherwise it's a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got two of those this week and I have been eating much healthier so I don't UNDERSTAND!!! WHYYY MEEEE!? Haha. I just put make-up over them and hope they go away x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one thing that really works for me is the good old steam bath trick.

    It does not aggravate the skin, it's almost as if it makes the skin work on its own from the inside. It's very good at tackling under-skin stuff for that reason. You can do it for several consecutive evenings if you're dealing with a big spot. It's also pretty relaxing and good for sinuses :-)


    Set 10 to 15 minutes aside, get a towel to put over your head, pour boiling water in a bowl. If it gets too hot, just let some air in by slightly opening up the towel. Do it at night and see the effect the next morning !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the tips everyone! Bizarrely it actually disappeared a couple of days after I posted this without me getting round to doing anything. It had been there for ages! But I will refer back here next time I get a horrible spot :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.